Thursday 5 May 2011

Intimidating print?!

Most of us are all too familiar with the yellow and black parking penalty notices that are stuck on our car windscreens. It means we've been busted! There goes £50-75 when we only needed to pop to the shop for a pint of milk! Doh!


But, how would you feel if a yellow and black "penalty charge notice" came through your door with the morning post?



Well, this happened to me and I'll tell you, I wasn't best pleased! My mind raced as I went over my recent car journeys to think where I was caught speeding or parked in a cheeky space. 

I opened the "penalty notice" to find an even more intimidating note...


Huh???!

By this time, I'm extra worried. What could I have possibly done that could incurr a £35 fine every month? 

So, with my heart pounding a little (!) I opened the leaflet to discover that....

I was wasting £35 a month because I don't have a water softener installed in my hot water system. 


Really? Is that it?


Now, call me crazy but by this point, I wasn't in the mood to read about the limescale deposits in my hot water system or how much extra soap I use because of the hard water, I was just relieved that I didn't have to pay a fine.

I can see what this company were trying to acheive... shock tactics can, when used in the right way, instantly capture the audiences attention but in this case, I was just peeved that I'd had an early morning shock!

I wonder what the level of response was for this campaign? I won't be having a water softener installed any time soon but I am writing a blog post about it so maybe their message worked after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment